Saturday, February 12, 2011

Actress Tisha Campbell-Martin reveals her illness

Actress Tisha Campbell-Martin, best known for her role as Gina on the hit comedy sitcom “Martin” is battling Stage 2 sarcoidosis. She was diagnosed earlier this year. In an interview with ESSENCE.com, Campbell-Martin reveals her illness and talks about family and her dedication to healthy living.

ESSENCE.com: It’s safe to say that you’re focused on staying healthy, yes?

CAMPBELL: [Being in good] health is really important to me. Right now, I’m [battling] a genetic lung disorder called sarcoidosis, which can go into remission. I’m in Stage II and I’m trying to reverse it. I’ve only got one body and I really want to take care of it by working out and eating right.

Sarcoidosis is the same lung disease that killed comedian Bernie Mac in 2008.

Campbell-Martin's other notable accomplishments include the role of Janet Kyle on the Wayans' sitcom "My Wife and Kids", Peaches on the sitcom "Everybody Hates Chris" and the "House Party" franchise. She is married to actor Duane Martin.

No comments:

Post a Comment